Thursday, August 11, 2005

Sleep is good

I'm doing this weird sleeping thing lately. My entire body clock is out of whack for some god-only-knows-why reason. Sometimes I'm up at 6 am, ready to face the day, sometimes it's 10:30 before I even open my eyes. The time I go to sleep seems to have nothing to do with it. I think it has more to do with how loudly Roger snores and how much room the dog takes up on my bed. Last night, I must've punched Roger 10 different times and yelled at him to shut up. I swear, his snoring sounds like snot flying backwards in his head at about 200 miles an hour. I've been trying to talk him into seeing the doctor about it, but he says it doesn't bother him. Well, no shit! HE'S ASLEEP. Anyhow, I've been feeling really depressed lately. Which could explain the weird sleep thing, come to think about it. There have been a lot of life changing things going on in the past year, including my brother's death. It didn't really hit me til a few months ago. Kind of a delayed reaction. I've had a lot of losses in the past--my dad, my sister and now my brother. It just kind of hit me a few months ago that I'm the last one left besides my mom. And it just made me really sad. And then my best friend of over 10 years (Dianna) just kind of dumped me last fall when she made a new friend. So that made me sad, too. So I wanted to just sort of cut my losses and move on, but it's easier said than done. Dianna is a major alcoholic who just fell off the wagon again. She called me from work on Friday, totally wasted, about 8 times. During her last call, she was yelling that she had to get off the phone to go get rid of some customer. Next thing I know, her sister is calling me to tell me Dianna got arrested for disorderly conduct and resisting arrest. She had to spend the night in jail and ended up with a broken nose and 2 black eyes from fighting the cops. Apparently, getting rid of that customer included physically assaulting him. Her new best friend bailed her out took her home. Of course, Dianna also lost her job--no surprise there--it's the 14th job she's lost in just over 10 years. So THAT made me sad. I need to get over this shit! But to see someone who was a top competitive athlete just go down the tubes, sucks. She had everything going for her and just sabotaged everything good that came her way. On the upside, I'm doing okay with my weight. It's slowly starting to come off. I've lost almost all of the weight I had regained, so I'm feeling optimistic. I thought about asking the doctor for some antidepressants to get me over this hump, but since most of them cause weight gain, I decided against it. 

No comments: