Saturday, August 27, 2005

Movin' and groovin'

So here I am, still in Sonoma County instead of the south of France. But hey, Sonoma County bills itself as the "new Provence", right? True. I ended up losing my airfare and the deposit on the house I was renting in Mouries, but we need to put our house on the market by the 15th of September and there's so much that needs to be done.
I have been painting my house all week to the point of exhaustion. Also true. I actually grabbed the wrong can of paint yesterday and painted half my hallway with the semi-gloss bone colored paint meant for my front door. I was just tired and didn't pay attention. So more work I've made for myself. I had to repaint everything in the light khaki color flat paint it was supposed to be.
Today, Noah, my 7 year old grandson was with us, so we didn't get much done, but tomorrow I have to paint my bedroom and a few doors and do about 30 loads of laundry. (My 19 yr. old son finally cleaned his room.) We'll be spending Labor Day Weekend cleaning out the garage and side yard.
If our move in date on the new abode hadn't been moved up a month, I think I would have gone to France, but I just didn't see how I could put the house on the market in 3 weeks if I were gone for 2.
Roger already promised me a trip to Europe or Tahiti in the spring to make up for it, so I'm not totally losing out. I was just looking forward to it so much. Oh well. Onward and upward. Moving forward and all that.

3 comments:

Scarlett O'Hara said...

LOL....zits??? apparently the evil ad people have found your blog...weird how they haven't attacked me yet...knock on wood.

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris~~~ So sorry your trip didn't work out. I had been telling folks you were gone! ooops.... Hey, if I can be of any help this weekend, I really don't have any plans. Hugs, Tina

Anonymous said...

You actually get spammed on these Bloggers? Amazing.

Tina - Not Spam!!