Thursday, August 11, 2005

Moving up?

We've started talking about where we're gonna go when Roger retires. Hmmmm. We were buying property in Baja California, but put it on hold for a while. Can't decide if we want to build a house there or buy a condo and use it for vacations only. Now we're thinking about selling the house we're in and using the equity to buy another home--downsizing, I guess. We looked at a gorgeous condo in an area called Town Green Village. All of the condos are actually over shops and the whole area looks very European or early American-town-square. The facade of each condo is different. some are brick, some stucco, some wood siding. Tall windows, wrought-iron balconies. Very quaint. I could easily give up having a yard to take care of. I'd miss the pool, but not the gardening. Problem is, I have too many pets. You're only allowed 2 and I have 2 dogs, 3 cats, 2 birds and a snake. I could lose the birds and snake, but I don't think I could give up my cats and the dogs are going NOWHERE!
Good news on the weight front. Another lb. down today. Whoohoo! I did cancel my gym membership today. I never go there and now that I've finished my home gym, I've been working out here, anyhow. That'll save me $60 a month. Which just happens to be the same amount as my new sewing machine payment. Like I'll use the sewing machine any more than I used the gym! Yeah, right!

1 comment:

Scarlett O'Hara said...

Move!!! MOVE!!!! what???!!!! if you move, how will i ever see you again!

whaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!