Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Rubber Ducky,you're the one!

My package from mmangon (Maureen) arrived UPS today! How FUN! She sent me a box of about a zillion rubber duckies. They are so cute. I had a laugh with(or about) the UPS guy. I asked him to wait while I opened the box, cause I wanted to make sure my VERY IMPORTANT package had arrived undamaged. He just about peed his pants when he saw what was in the box. I don't know if he was pissed that I made him stick around for rubber duckies or if he was just struck speechless, but he sure didn't have much of a sense of humor. I thought it was hilarious. I figured those duckies were hot and tired from their long cross country trip so I put them in the pool for a swim. They are funny. One is dressed like Count Dracula, cape, fangs and Eddie Munster hairdo. If I can figure out how to get another pic on here, I'll post one. We still haven't decided about the condo. My DH will end up taking too much time deciding, so I'm afraid we'll miss out on it and be sorry later. He'd really like to stay in this house after all the work he's put into in--he installed our granite countertops, slate floors, remodeled the bathroom, etc., by himself, redid the floors in most of the rest of the house and just redid our whole side yard. So I don't blame him. It would be nice to enjoy it for a while. I just think it makes more sense financially to move soon. If we stay here for another 5-6 years, we'll have to redo everything we just did! Oh well, whatever happens will be what's meant to be. I just feel that the universe is trying to tell us something and we should listen. We already have some people who want to buy our house. They're friends of a neighbor and have been trying to get into this neighborhood for 4 years and have missed out on every house that's been on the market. Que Sera', Sera'. Still haven't heard from Dianna. I'm worried about her, but I know she's not going to call after last weeks drunken fiasco. No way will she admit to me that she blew it. She goes to court on the 25th. Her sister told me that Dianna thinks she'll get off with just a slap on the wrist. I'd like to go to court to offer her moral support (what, am I nuts?) and to see what happens, but she doesn't know that I know. And she'd figure out that her sister and I have talked and she'd be really pissed. Although I'm not sure why I care if she gets pissed. Like she didn't totally hurt me last fall and not care? I really hope she gets sentenced to something like 30 days in the county jail followed by rehab. She's already done rehab once and obviously it didn't work. Maybe some jail time would be humiliating enough to make her realize she needs help. AAAARGH!

1 comment:

Scarlett O'Hara said...

Who the heck is Dianna??

The ducks are funny! And see! you learned how to post a pic! and thanks to your post last nite on the board, i learned how to add my blog link to my NS profile! hehehe....i have your blog linked on my blog as well...go there and see your name! its pretty!! hehehe...