Monday, October 10, 2005

Dear God, It's me--Chris

So this has not been the best week. Oh well.
The buyers had their inspection on Friday. The inspector found 6 windows whose seals had failed and now have condensation between the panes. AAARGH. We did put an "as is" clause in the sales contract so we wouldn't have to pay for any repairs if any were needed. We weren't anticipating anything, anyhow.
I don't know if the need to replace 6 windows would have broken the sale, but not wanting to take the chance (and being the nice person I am, LOL), I called Milgard Windows to check on the warranty. And found out that as long as I reported it to them before close of escrow, they WILL replace them for free! So at least now the buyers won't have that excuse to back out! And BTW---Milgard had the BEST customer service.
Today I had some estimates done for moving and storage. From a low of $5000 to a high of $7400. How does THAT happen? That's a pretty big difference.
Onward......
found out today it could be February before the condo is ready. This really sucks. We have to be out of this house by Nov. 1 and we've rented a furnished condo at the bargain rate of $2495 plus utilities, per month. If we have to be there an extra month PLUS pay another month's worth of storage on our own stuff, I'm gonna sob.
Downward.....
Savannah is sick again. We thought the antibiotics she was taking after she tore her claw 2 weeks ago bumped her out of remission. But the vet called with her blood test results tonight and all of her levels were fine. There was blood in her urine but they think that's because they got the urine sample with a syringe (OUCH) and the the needle prick led to the blood in the urine. But tomorrow I have to collect a sample (this ought to be fun---collecting a first morning urine sample from a dog who likes to pee in private). Then I have to deliver the sample to my regular vet. Then I have to take Savannah down to yet another pet hospital to have an ultrasound done on her heart and to have a Holter monitor attached to her! Since her current condition is not related to her immune deficiency disease, they think it's her heart. This poor dog--- she has NO energy and just sleeps all day now. I have to coax her out of bed in the morning and she doesn't want to eat breakfast til about noon. VERY unusal on both counts. All of this after just getting over her pancreatitis a couple of months ago. I swear---when people talk about living a dog's life, it's not this dog they mean. She hasn't had a healthy day in over 2 years now.
Now you all know why I spoil her rotten. Both JannyAnne and Tmarie_tmarie can attest to that! Savannah is truly spoiled, poorly trained, and not very well behaved. But I would put up with almost anything from her if I could give her a healthy life.

2 comments:

Scarlett O'Hara said...

awwwww!!! poor Savannah!! im so sorry!! please give her hugs for me...

now...how do you collect a urine sample from a dog in the first??? this i gotta see!! take pics...hehehe

Anonymous said...

Chris~~~

Hugs to you. So sorry, doesn't sound like this move is going to be easy for you. Don't forget, let me know if I can help you!

I am so sorry about Savannah, she is so beautiful...I sure hope she is better soon.

Love you!

Tina