Saturday, October 29, 2005

The blind leading the blind.

So, okay, my 33 yr. old step-son is here today helping his dad pack up and clean the garage. This is so ridiculous, it's not even funny. They are worse (better?) than I am at the sentimentality game. They have gone through every box out there saying things like,"I remember this toy. I remember those clothes. You don't want to get rid of THIS, do you?"
What should be a one day project is gonna take a week at this rate. Meanwhile, I'm trying to finish the packing in the house. Where the hell did we get all these bottles of wine? We don't even drink wine. And cleaning supplies? OMG-who really needs 13 cans of Comet? I guess I did, cause that's what I've got. Along with 4 boxes of Swiffer dusters, tons of furniture polish, toilet bowl cleaner, etc., etc. You'd think I'd at least be living in a clean house. NOT.
At least my step-son is keeping his dad outta my hair. The scary thing is that the DH has to work Monday and Tuesday and if he doesn't get all this shit done, I am screwed! The movers will be here first thing Wednesday morning and I'm having a hard time seeing how it's all gonna be ready for them! Oh well.

1 comment:

Scarlett O'Hara said...

Oh yeah!! just like i posted on the NSBB last week!!! come wednesday you will be running behind the moving van screaming:

"But I only got a couple more boxes to pack!!! wait!! wait!!!!"

LOLOLOL