Monday, September 05, 2005

I'm fried.

Yesterday my friend Jane sent some people over to look at my house. So I spent all morning dusting, vacuuming and washing floors. The people can't actually BUY my house, but it gave me an idea of what a stranger might think about it. And they liked it! Then we all walked down to another house in my neighborhood that was having an open house. It looked so bad, that it made me think I'm working too hard to make mine look good! Their cabinets were all peeling and flaking and they had broken tile around the fireplace, etc. and they were still asking $689,000. So I guess we'll ask at least $10k over that. The real estate agent is coming Wednesday pm to talk to us and give us her opinion.
My back yard still needs some work, but I pulled out all of the annuals and replaced them with small shrubs. Tomorrow, I'll redo the walk out to the hot tub. I just wish I had time to put a coat of sealer on the patio. Oh well.
We worked on the garage today. What a mess. But not a black widow in sight. It must be too late in the season for them. We had tons of them in June. I was so afraid to stick my hands behind anything today, but we didn't spot even one of them.
So the garage is ALMOST done. Amd the dumpster is almost full and the storage unit is almost full. Progress, at last!

No comments: