Wednesday, September 14, 2005

NOW I'm really done. Maybe.

I must be terribly anal. I stayed up til 4:30 this morning cleaning and washing floors to get ready for buyers at 10 am. OMG. I am so exhausted I can't see straingt. And I get to do it all over again tonight. Well, maybe not quite as much, but it will be like this til the house is sold. We also had our pest inspection today. They found standing water under our house and FUNGI. The inspector said that if he hadn't found it now, we would have had rotting wood in a couple of years. So we need to have a moisture barrier put down AND have it all sprayed with fungicide. YUCK. At least it wasn't mold. Then we would have had SERIOUS problems. The only other stuff he found was a loose toilet and a piece of outside trim that needs to be replaced. Nothing that money can't fix. LOL
I have to do a little more paint touch-up tonight. How I missed one spot, I don't know. Pretty soon, I won't be able to uncurl my fingers. They are seriously sore and swollen from holding paint brushes and rollers.
On the plus side---I've lost a total of 9 lbs. since I started getting the house ready to sell. It's almost easier than NS! And I've eaten nothing but take-out for days!

2 comments:

Scarlett O'Hara said...

LOL...nah..i dont think your done yet...im sure you'll find something else to clean! LOL..come clean my house. I dont have time. :-) need some rooms repainted as well. hehehe...

congrats on the lost poundage...im sure i found it.

Hey Lady said...

Chris~~the last house we sold, my husband had already moved to Chicago and I stayed behind until the house sold...anyway, I cleaned it everyday...when I woke up I made sure the beds looked like Martha Stewart had made them, bathrooms cleaned, blah blah, blah and in the evenings I would clean (clean) carpets (I am surprise there was any pile left), cabinets, closets, whatever...it had turned into the perfect house...and I really didn't want to sell it. I remember well the aching hands and tired body! DH has now been promoted and transferred and I get to do it all over again. He has promised this is the last time...we will see. You and I should get together and write a book on how to sell a house! (like it's not been done a thousand times!) Good luck to you! I hope you get the very top dollar! Sue ImaFattie318
PS I am sure what pounds Jan didn't find made it's way to me!! Congrats on the loss of 9 pounds!