Friday, September 09, 2005

Done. Finis. The house is listed.

Yeehaw! We finally listed with a real estate agent! Actually, TWO agents. They come as a team. I had the days mixed up and thought they were coming on Wednesday, but they didn't come til Thursday. I got the whole house cleaned on Wednesday and had to do it all over again yesterday. Oh well. I might as well get used to it. They told me over the phone that they thought we should list the house for $699K, but when they came and looked at the house last night, they upped it to $724,000. They hadn't realized the whole house had been remodeled. They told me I had a flair for color and design. Yeah, right! I had to go look at new model homes to come up with ideas. That's my little secret. I figure the way to sell your house is to make it look as much like a model home as possible. So I copied paint schemes and decor ideas. Is that like plagiarism?
Next, I have to have the carpets cleaned, but the real estate agents pay for that out of their commission. They ought to do something with all that money! I should have waited to have the windows washed---maybe they would have picked up the tab for that, too. They're going to put a virtual tour of my house on the internet. How fun. Then, you all can go look at my house! And leave me comments about how that much money would buy a way better house in a different part of the U.S.!

2 comments:

Anna said...

Holy Crap!! You could buy 10 of my houses here for that. I can't even wrap my mind around that.

Well, congrats on getting it listed! When you sell it, you should definitely move here to the Shoals and buy a $400,000 mansion on the Tennesee river. You can use the other $200,000 to open a fabulous gym/restaurant/nightclub which I will manage for you. :) LOL

~Anna

Cygnet said...

I would give anything to be able to move to another part of the country! We keep hearing what a great quality of life we have in this part of CA., but I think people living in areas with less expensive real estate have a WAY better time of things! First, they get nicer houses, second, they have money left over to have fun with!