Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Warm would be good.

Geesh, it's so friggin freezing today. It's wet, gloomy and cold outside and inside isn't a whole lot better. This condo must not be well insulated because I have the heat truned up to about 75 and it's still cold in here!
On a much nicer note--things are going well all the way around. Cinnamon is feeling a lot better today and the swelling on either side of her jaw has gone down considerably. She had the drain removed from the top of her head yesterday afternoon and doesn't have to wear her clown collar 24 hours a day. Thank God, cause every time she tried walking with it on, she'd trip over it and land on her head. That can't be good!
We found out about our trash compactor in the new place today. The builder has been so snotty about the changes we want to make. We sort of demanded a compactor---we do not have individual garbage cans there, and I'm not walking half a block to the Dumpster every time I need to take out the trash. He was not happy about it at the time. But lo and behold--now anyone can have one. It's being offered as an upgrade now. My only fear was that that would mean I couldn't pick out the exact one I wanted. Turns out THAT'S the one they're now offering as an upgrade! It's funny, but I was hoping to get away from the "cookie cutter effect"--I wanted my place to be different from all of the neighbors. Now it seems like everything I picked out for my place is being offered as an upgrade to anyone. I think I've fooled them on the powder room downstairs, though!! I said I wanted them to eliminate the standard bathroom vanity cause I thought I'd put in a pedestal sink instead, so they didn't order the vanity cabinet. THEN I found out they started offering pedestal sinks as an upgrade. So I bought a gorgeous cabinet and a stainless steel vessel sink instead. They're gonna shit when they find out, but I'm keeping it a secret til I absolutely have to let them know. HEE HEE. Same with all the lighting fixtures--I didn't like what they offered, so I went and bought my own. If they don't want to install them, we'll take the standard offering and put our own up after we move in. I bet I can sell the other stuff on Ebay or Craigslist. I'm doing the same thing with my faucets, too. They're offering a bunch of different styles but they're all very country or Victorian looking. Our taste runs to comtemporary.
I'm once again getting excited about moving there. Now if I can just find some carpet I like. AAARGH. I am so not good at this!

No comments: