Saturday, November 12, 2005

The Princess and the Pee.



No, this is not the story of the princess and the pea. It is the story of MY princess and her pee. So,all right, some of you already know I spoil my dog ridiculously. She has full reign over our home. And she is definitely my princess. I bought her this gorgeous dog bed and it's so funny how she knew, before it was out of the box, that it was HERS. The thing's so big, it's ridiculous. You could sleep a family of 4 pygmies in it. (Please don't send cards and letters, emails or other---I'm not prejudiced. But it is a fact, that pygmies are small people. If this still bothers you, pretend for a moment that I'm talking about pygmy goats). Anyhow, in a nutshell: my princess dog's bed is huge. Or my dog has a huge princess bed.
Next chapter. Savannah, though not well-trained in doggy etiquette, IS very well housetrained and has never, not once, had an "accident" in the house. Until yesterday. She had to wait until we were renting someone else's fully-beautifully- furnished home before she'd pee on carpet. This is what I get for buying her a $300+ doggy bed?
There is no moral to this at all. But it does involve a princess, a mattress and a pee. So I thought I'd write about it.

4 comments:

Scarlett O'Hara said...

ROTFLMAO!!! OMG!! This was soo funny!!! I'm sure not to you..but it cracked me up!! almost pee'd my pants! hehehe....

Hey Lady said...

too cute...and funny! great story.

Anonymous said...

That was a funny story! I have 2 boxers. M & F. My male looks exactly like yours (except he just turned 9 on Saturday and he has alot of gray on his black face.). I spoil my the same, and yes they know when something comes UPS for them. Funny though, the UPS man is deathly afraid of dogs, so I don't open the door until his truck leaves, even though "Rufus" would knock him over just to lick him. I wish every dog would be like him. I have something for them to sit on at every window of the upstairs so they can look outside. I even bought them chairs from IKEA so they are comfy while looking out the windows. Rufus loves my 21 month old grandson to death. He cries until the baby gets here, looking from window to window, so I can't mention the baby's name until it is close to the time for him to arrive. I would love to clone him if that was a common thing to do. He's smart, cute, obedient and just the perfect dog. Boxers stay young forever. They both love to play, chasing each other around the house and outside. They are very clean animals also. I guess I don't have to tell you all of this, because I know you can identify. When we got the female "Roxy" , she was just so smart and easy to train, we had to get another one soon after. I took Rufus to puppy school (because he didn't learn as quickly as Roxy) and he was the class clown! He was the first one to follow the instructions of the teacher and was so comical doing it. I just wish they could live forever, but unfortunately that doesn't happen. They are both in excellent health (except for large moles). Vet said if they don't change in any way, just leave them alone. Rufus had a tumor removed in his mouth once, but it was just fatty. Enjoy your princess, she is so beautiful. She looks young, so you should have a long happy life with her. I just had to share my happiness as a boxer lover with you. Oh, and you should see when my kids each bring their two dogs, one of them a mastiff. It gets crazy here. It is like a dog park when my kids come with a Lab, 2 Jack Russells, and my boxers. It is great!

Anonymous said...

Ol' princess is marking her territory.

Great story and I would love for our mona dog to have a bed like that but alas it wouldn't stay as pretty as that for more than a day so I don't think it would be a good investment for her. Poor thing really stinks and sheds like crazy.