Thursday, March 05, 2015

I've found my friend Kassie. She goes by Kathleen, now, but she will always be Kassie with the flowing red hair, to me. We met in 1969-----brought together in an apartment complex in Santa Monica by the extreme circumstances of each of us having a family member who was making history. She, the daughter of the director of the Apollo Space Program, me-- the sister of the first kidney transplant patient at UCLA-St. John's Medical Center. Granted, her historical legacy lives on in much larger way.
She was planting marijuana seeds in the planting bed outside of our apartment when I first saw her. This glorious creature with the wavy red hair! Did she tell me she was planting marigolds? I don't remember. But I needed to know this person.
Postscript:  Sadly, during the beginning of the Covid-19 global pandemic of 2020, Kathleen decided to unfriend me over a comment I made on facebook that she took in the opposite way it was intended.  I have tried to reach out to her in numerous ways, on numerous occasions, and have finally decided to just lay it all to rest.  Sad.

No comments: