Saturday, June 30, 2007

Hi Everyone!

I just want to welcome each and every one of you to the revival of my blog.
 I'm still very limited in the exercise department because of the problems I have with my hand, so no weight-lifting, but I just bought a new treadmill to replace the one I got rid of a couple of years ago (thanks, Jan!). I have bought and sold more gym equipment than I want to admit. I got Rog to give up some of his garage space so I wouldn't have to look at the treadmill in my house, then bought an LCD tv to mount on the wall in the garage. I'm really feeling motivated and totally committed. Bodybuilding was such a huge part of my life for so many years, that it really feels good to get back to ANY kind of workout. Hopefully, surgery on my elbow will restore some of the use to my hand and I'll be able to get back to weights one day. I really didn't want to go through the surgery because of the long recovery time---about a year and a half---and the poor record of success with this type of surgery, but it's the only option left. There's no hurry on the surgery----they usually wait at least a year after the initial injury anyhow to see if the nerve will heal on it's own. It will be a year this week. I don't think I'll be celebrating THAT anniversary!

3 comments:

Scarlett O'Hara said...

the whole j/k thing always cracks me up! its my old initials before i got married. hehe....

Cygnet said...

Yeah----cracks me up, too. LOL

Amy said...

Good luck with the surgery Chris! So glad to hear you motivated again also, and congrats on the weight loss this week. WOOHOO!!!

Amy